"DON'T COMPROMISE YOURSELF, YOU ARE ALL YOU'VE GOT" -JANIS JOPLIN







Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Interesting, yes I stumble upon this.

Alcohol Under the Microscope
A company called Bevshots has produced a series of shots of booze under the microscope at the Florida State University's chemsitry labs. This is Dry Martini at 1000x magnification.
The process consist of letting a droplet of liquor dry out completely on a slide in an airtight container, and photographing the result with a 35mm camera.

Cocktails can have fruit and soft drinks in them which contain citric acids and complex sugars which dry out well and look great photographed. The incredible shapes and colours of the boozy artwork are highlighted by shining natural light on top and through the bottom of the slide.


These images are available for sale at Bevshots.

SCOTCH

TEQUILA

VODKA WHISKEYWHITE RUSSIAN CHAMPAGNE DAIQUIRI MARGARITA PINA COLADA

I think it would be awesome to have one of these photographs in my house!








5 comments:

  1. whew I want the margerita framed and on my wall!! awesome!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Margarita (my preferred drink of choice) looks like peacock feathers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is badass! I love alcohol. I love nerd science. I love how it looks like Dale Chihuly glass.
    I'll be checkin this out. Thx for posting. :)

    ReplyDelete